 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4762
Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:33:03 GMT

Benjamin Medinets wrote:
Well I'm not a Lego Admin, but if I saw you posting an advertizing in the
group (ie Robotics), then I'm sure you will see a professionally worded
notice from me or from another user to post your solicitation in
the appropriate newsgroup.  If you failed to desist in your solicitation,
then the Admins would be informed that you are not abiding by the
TOS.

Then it would be their call to suspend your posting privileges.

I would point out that currently posting any market posting other than
an auction posting anywhere within Lugnet is not against the TOS. It is
against the clear desires and directions of the admins and the community
(so a post or e-mail asking for it not to happen is acceptable), but I
would find it unfair for someone to be called on a TOS violation which
can not be ascertained by reading the TOS, especially when the TOS go to
great extents to explain where and why auction posts are allowed or not
allowed.

I expect the TOS will get updated at some point when there are no more
important issues to be dealt with (the simple fact is that there have
been very few misplaced market posts over the past months).

FUT: lugnet.admin.terms

Frank