 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4680
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:22:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Aaron Muhl writes:
I don't know either of these people, but the fact that this discussion is
being held out in the open for all of the LUGNET community to watch seems
pretty immature to me.

I don't buy this stance.  I prefer discussions like this to be held openly.  I
_like_ the fact that we get to put in our two cents.  Todd and Suz are both
seriously bright folks, but they just can't think of everything.  Why shouldn't
we know what's going on?  Why shouldn't we have the opportunity to help?

And why is it considered _so_ bad that Suz flamed up?  People get emotional
sometimes.  She's not perfect any more than anyone else.  I happen to think her
tone was a mistake (in that it not productive), and I hope that she can find it
in herself to apologize to Jake and make this whole thing a valuable lesson in
the end (for her, Jake, us, whomever).  But why is this being met with so much
melodrama?  People have claimed to be leaving LUGNET over this!  And why so
many people piling on her with scathing remarks?  Don't you think she gets it
by now?

Jeez people, get a grip!

Chris