 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4692
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:44:42 GMT

Just taking it as a whole...

I am not so much anti-TLC as I am pro-fan as far as Lugnet is concerned.  I
think a lot of you haven't given that idea much thought.

As far as being a lego fan myself, let's say a 1 is not much of a fan and a
10 is very much the fan -- on such a scale I am probably a 6.  While I think
the stuff made circe 1982-1994 represents the best stuff they have ever
made, some newer stuff is cool too.  But Overall the set quality is way down
for a number of reasons.  I am probably more of a brick fan overall -- which
is to say that I like the best of the best put out by Lego, Tyco, and MB.
Basically, I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

The idea that recieving marketing information from a company that wants to
sell product is some kind of service to me is just inane.  That's what such
businesses do.

And again, I don't care if Todd and Suz DO want to sell TLC use of the
Lugnet name if it supports the site, that TLC assumes it may use Lugnet's
name for free is simply offensive and unjust.  I am just going to assume
that you also expect to be fairly compensated for the use of your own
substantive properties...

For me bricks are just a hobby, and I let it go at that level.  For Todd,
for Suz -- Heck, for Brad Justus -- it is more than a hobby.

We can talk about Lugnet not being compensated for the use of its name the
day Brad Justus starts working for Lego Direct for free.  Until then, I
really do not see your point.

-- Hop-Frog