 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4693
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:34:07 GMT

Suz's post must have been difficult to write. She's right about screwing up,
but who here hasn't done something they regret?

I have enjoyed LUGNET for years, and have this is my first post. Clearly
people are upset by Suz's behaviour, and want to express that, but please
listen to yourselves. One of Jake's reasons for not posting more to LUGNET
is the level of disharmony, and the thanklessness on this site.

So turning away from Suz's actions, which have now been apologised for, I'd
like to thank Brad, Jake and the others from LD for what they have
contributed to LUGNET, and Todd, Suz and others in the community for making
it possible for this dialogue to exist.

I'd like to encourage some me-toos - I'd like to hear the community express
things like:
- Thanks LD for what you have done for us
- Thanks LUGNET admin for making the dialogue possible
- Thanks to the squeaky naggers in the community who have complained and
whinged, often rudely, but who have probably influenced LD to do some of the
great things they are doing now.

To avoid causing too much traffic, can someone set up a poll? Suggested
questions:
- LD has done some great stuff recently, and we want more of the same (yes/no)
- Despite mistakes, I'm glad LUGNET Admin works so hard on keeping LUGNET
alive (yes/no)
- I'd like to see more participation from LD, even if some of it could be
perceived as marketing (yes/no)

Mark