 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4700
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:47:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
[snipped a GoodPost (tm?)]

Suz,

This was actually the post I've been waiting for. I have been following this
thread, wondering what could have made you so angry. You see, I have been
around LUGNET for a long time and I have come to expect certain things from
certain posters. Your 'angry' post could only have been followed by some
kind of explanation...and you did just that. Thanks for reassuring my faith
in LUGNET.
It must have been hard and hurt-full when you saw the amount and intensity
of the replies from us to your post. I salute you for still coming up with
the patience and currage to write your response.

We -as a community- tend to sometimes overreact to a post. We then use
aggresive and hurtfull posts to get 'our point' across. A lot of us haven't
a clue as how to cancel a post that -in hindsight- could've been written
better, nicer, cleaner. That's actually one of the reasons I almost never
enter a debate or post in a heated thread like this one WAS. I just read the
posts and wait for the storm to blow away and the dust to settle.

Well, that's about it from little me. Back to sorting those bricks. I'll be
watching for that poll that someone mentioned earlier.

And remember: we're all human - some more than others but hey, nobody's
perfect :-)

Mark -the soup aint eaten as hot as it's served- de Kock