 CAD / 10931
10930  |  10932
Subject:
Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 04:01:03 GMT

After formal running the MOTM contest for a month, I've becomed concerned with
the fairness of the contest.  In response to my concerns, I'd like to make the
following changes to the rules for MOTM in order to level the playing field.

- All submissions will be in LDraw DAT or MPD format.

- All submission will be rendered by the contest coordinator using a rendering
program of the coordinators choice (LDGLite or L3P+POV-Ray preferred)

- The voting page will present 4 renders of each submission.  Each render will
be one of 4 standard views

I feel these changes will move the focus of the contest back to the models and
not the rending process.

A couple of notes from off LUGNet discussion:

- The raw DAT code will be kept completely confidential and will NOT be posted
on the LDraw.org website or anywhere else unless permission from the current
owner is obtained.

- If the author still feels uncomfortable with sharing the DAT code, a page will
be maintained showing the current rendering standard and they will be allow to
do the renders.  This will be on a case-by-case basis and will only be allowed
with permission from the contest coordinator

As far as what the standard views will be, I like:

In global coords:
45,45,0
-45,-45,0
45,-45,0
-45,45,0

If you disagree with anything written here, do not just post saying you
disagree. Please suggest a viable alternative with your post.

-Orion