Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:40:40 GMT

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Orion Pobursky wrote:

- All submissions will be in LDraw DAT or MPD format.

- All submission will be rendered by the contest coordinator using a rendering
program of the coordinators choice

The one problem I see here is that the contest allows unofficial parts (or
unofficial versions of parts), which the coordinator might not have, and
different submitters might want to use different versions of unofficial
parts.  The problem goes away if the rules state that each submitter must
embed unofficial parts[1] in the .mpd.  This is doable, right?

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/

[1] Unofficial at the start time of the contest, that is.