Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:27:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
I guess I just disagree with you there :)  I think it's better to have a
better contest, and perhaps lose a few entries of those who want to sell
their models.  The increased quality of the interface is worth it, imo.

How about three contests: SotM, MotM and LDR file of the Month?

Hey, there's a nifty idea.

Further, the FoTM (if structured to encourage explanation of techniques and so
forth in the writeup) could end up being awarded to a file that didn't
necssarily make a spectacular display but that did demonstrate some really nifty
technique in parts authoring, submodel organization, or embedding POV or other
post processor things, or whatever.

In fact, if they were eligible, I might well enter some of my .BAT files (that
highlight certain techniques about automating rendering) in such a contest. And
others might enter things like excel spreads for automating primitive generation
or whatever.

That may be far afield from what you had in mind though.

I could even submit LPub or LSynth source code......  this is getting rather
silly.

I think it needs to be restricted to DAT/MPD format files.  Within that scope I
really like the idea.

Kevin