Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 14:09:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 12:52:40PM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I just don't want to see authors put in a position where they are
forced to share either to participate at all, or in order to be on an
equal footing because of how the contest is structured. I think that
will tend to diminish entries.

But entries that are displayed as picture only WILL, by definition, have
a diminished effect.

Precisely my point, and precisely why putting them on an uneven footing will
diminsh (the number of) entries. Better to have a level playing field, one way
or the other, and better to set that field to maximise the number of entries.

It's similar to the difference between seeing a
picture of a model as opposed to holding it in your hand.  Of course
that the model taht allows me to inspect it closer, in whatever angle
that interests me, that I can look inside at how it was built, that
model will have a better chance of getting my vote.  Not because I like
the fact that the DAT is available, but because having the DAT available
gives me a chance to inspect it better.

All true but not relevant to my point.