Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:59:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Orion Pobursky wrote:

I'd like to make the following changes to the rules for
MOTM in order to level the playing field.

I agree with your ambition.  It makes good sense to let MOTM
focus strictly on the models and let SOTM cover more broader
aspects of presenting models.

- All submissions will be in LDraw DAT or MPD format.

Makes good sense.  And I would prefer that we insist that
the submissitted files can be published on the LDraw.org
site.

I think this is an unreasonable restriction. I'd be interested in understanding
why this is something that should be insisted on. In the offline discussions
prior to presenting this proposal and elsewhere in the thread, there seem to be
a number of people who don't think this restriction is reasonable or necessary.

I agree with Larry about this issue.  I consider imposing a restiction like this
to be both excessively exculsionary and extremely petty.

-Orion