Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Ahui Herrera wrote:

Don’t get me wrong everyone else, I love all the ideas that we got from everyone who has posted. Many more than what we got in the internal discussion but at the same time we have gotten a bit off course of the topic in terms of what Orion initally request (AKA: Ideas...).

Well, more kudos to Orion for opening the discussion then, even if it got off-topic. I have not changed my views on the matter, but at the same I have certainly gained insight into the mindset of other community members. At the end of the day, I’d rather have a community of different-minded individuals than no community at all. I still dissaprove of presenting non-sourced / commercial models for the MOTM contest, but now that the reasons pro and con have been discussed and at least somewhat framed, the importance of the issue for me has diminished quite a bit. Hopefully, this is the case with others on both sides of the argument too.

I share your concern for efficiency and applaud your recent and past efforts on behalf of Ldraw.org. But if Ldraw.org wants to serve a community, it has to at the very least *listen* to that community. Even what you hear is not what you requested / wanted to hear (i.e. it gets off-topic).

Cheers