Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:32:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Don Heyse wrote:
How do you feel about requiring the LDR file in order to generate
standardized pics, but keeping the publishing of the LDR file itself
optional?  Would that also prevent you from submitting?

I am not so keen on it, it sort of smacks of potential discrimination
against entries that choose not to do so. If we are going for a level
playing field let's get completely level.

But not allowing it discriminates against larger or more detailed
entries.  Take a look at the December models.  There's no way to
see all the details of two of the models without the LDR file.  You're
just leveling the field in your favor because you prefer not to
publish the files.  I think publishing the LDR files is more in the
spirit of ldraw.org and should be encouraged.  If it gives an advantage
over submissions that don't publish the LDR files, that's fine with
me.  You'd better have a really, really good model if all you're
willing to show is a few pictures of it.

Don