Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:44:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 04:16:54PM +0000, Orion Pobursky wrote:
So you wouldn't have a problem with someone saying (on their e-shop)
"buy the instructions to build this winner of the official Ldraw.org
MOTM contest winner"? I would.

What's preventing people from doing this now (for both contests)?

Nothing.  That doesn't make it right though.  And as part of the
proposed change (which I do like a lot, btw!), we have a chance to fix
this as well.

I don't think it will fix much.  There will still be nothing to prevent people
from selling kits or high quality posters.  Since this issue is only partially
addressed by making the source public, I don't think changing the rules of the
MOTM contest in this way is the correct solution (if there is even a problem).
The issue of commericial useage after the fact is best addressed in a different
discussion.

-Orion