Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:15:19 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Orion Pobursky wrote:

- All submissions will be in LDraw DAT or MPD format.

Makes good sense.  And I would prefer that we insist
that the submissitted files can be published on the
LDraw.org site.

I think this is an unreasonable restriction.

I know.

I'd be interested in understanding why this is something
that should be insisted on.

Because learning more about what we can do with the LDraw
format (IMO) is one of the aims of the contest.  And if the
files aren't published we don't learn much.

Making sure we are allowed to publish the DAT/MPD files also
means that we can let people browse the models on their own
and not just through a few preselected views.

In the offline discussions prior to presenting this
proposal and elsewhere in the thread, there seem to be a
number of people who don't think this restriction is
reasonable or necessary.

I know.  I just happen not to be one of those people.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Red Bird Mark II: