Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:24:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
If someone chooses not to participate in the contest because they
can't/won't release the DAT, what's the loss for LDraw?

I found this question somewhat surprising, frankly.

The loss is the chance for us to see the creative effort of another and possibly
be inspired by it.  The fact that this has become the central issue

I'm hoping that it only appears to be the central issue because the rest of the
proposal has met with general agreement and that if this issue can be resolved,
it will be speedily adopted. (but again, with no formal organisation, who
decides?)

of my
proposed changes flabbergasts me.

I admit of some considerable flabbergastedness ( :-) ) as well.

++Lar