Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:52:18 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:

I'd like to make the following changes to the rules for
MOTM in order to level the playing field.

I agree with your ambition.  It makes good sense to let MOTM
focus strictly on the models and let SOTM cover more broader
aspects of presenting models.

- All submissions will be in LDraw DAT or MPD format.

Makes good sense.  And I would prefer that we insist that
the submissitted files can be published on the LDraw.org
site.

- All submission will be rendered by the contest
  coordinator using a rendering program of the
  coordinators choice (LDGLite or L3P+POV-Ray preferred)

In practice I would suggest that the actual rendering is
done automatically on the LDraw.org server.  This would
allow submitters to verify the rendered version of their
submission faster.

- The voting page will present 4 renders of each
  submission.  Each render will be one of 4 standard views

I would prefer if we continued with only one view and used a
link to the DAT/MPD file for those who want to look more
closely at the model.

And I would suggest that the submitter had a choice in
selecting the view parameters (scale and orientation).

A couple of notes from off LUGNet discussion:

- The raw DAT code will be kept completely confidential
  and will NOT be posted on the LDraw.org website or
  anywhere else unless permission from the current owner
  is obtained.

I think we shouldn't accept submissions where the copyright
holder will not allow us to show the DAT/MPD source file.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Jacob's LEGO aircraft: