 Instructions / 575
Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:39:15 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Actually Don, I agree with all those points and am in favor of authors
having the option to post their DAT/LDR/MPD files along with the images.

My point is that within the scope of a completed model, having a contest
on how the model is expressed in the source files is just too shallow a
topic to justify a contest.  Did you miss my point?

I got the point, but I'm not completely convinced.  Anyhow, I really
only suggested the LDRotM contest because I'm afraid the model sellers
might be influential enough to eliminate even the *option* of publishing
the LDR files in the MotM contest under the guise of "fairness".  On
ldraw.org of all places, the home of the LDR file.

But that sort of contest already has a home at The Building
Instructions Portal:  http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions/

This contest is a lottery.  The quality of the building instructions is
irrelevent.

Well that may be true, but I still think BIP is a more natural home
for a Building Instructions contest than ldraw.org.

Don