Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 14:00:50 GMT

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 03:31:22PM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I agree with Jacob.  Also, the discussion prior to this post

To which post? Your post?

of course not.  Prior to this thread being posted on lugnet.

[snip]

I disagree. While they may not have been the decision makers (and
again, who is/are the decision maker or makers?) to dismiss their
opinions is, well, dismissive.

Opinions voiced in a private discussion ARE irrelavent once the
discussion goes public.  If the owners of the opinions want to share
them, they're welcome to do so (and have!).

The statement about discussion was presented to show that this wasn't
some idea that Orion just sprung on LDraw but rather one that did get
some considerable discussion first.

I wouldn't call 17 messages, mostly by you, in a span of less than 15
hours "considerable discussion".  I think mentioning it gave the
impression of "we already decided, and just wanted to let you know".

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com