Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:42:37 GMT

--snip--
   Why would someone not be willing to share his modelling efforts? Why is he/she modelling in the first place? I do know that endless time and energy go into most models and it might be atleast a bit annoying to see somebody else getting credit for showing your model. But I think this comes with the territory. (in this case, the Internet) I for one don’t believe in the ‘copyright’ concept. Nobody I know respects copyrights, including myself. (ok, hit me) I’d say that one of the conditions for submitting should be that the model becomes public. This might result in less models being submitted, so be it. I think this would be a minor effect as I can’t think of any reason for not sharing our models.

best regards.

BEFORE this topic went public, there was discussion (within LDraw) about submitions from indiviudals that might later on want to make the models commercially avaliable. By submitting their LDraw files and making them public their model AND/OR variations of the model could NO LONGER be made commercially as there would be no value.

-AHui

LDraw Help Desk