Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:36:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Mike Walsh wrote:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:
Jacob said:
- All submissions will be in LDraw DAT or MPD format.

Makes good sense.  And I would prefer that we insist that
the submissitted files can be published on the LDraw.org
site.

I think this is an unreasonable restriction. I'd be interested in
understanding why this is something that should be insisted on. In
the offline discussions prior to presenting this proposal and
elsewhere in the thread, there seem to be a number of people who
don't think this restriction is reasonable or necessary.

I too think this is an unreasonable restriction.  It has been a
while since I have submitted anything but if should this become a
requirement, it will probably prevent me from ever submitting
something again.

How do you feel about requiring the LDR file in order to generate
standardized pics, but keeping the publishing of the LDR file itself
optional?  Would that also prevent you from submitting?

I am not so keen on it, it sort of smacks of potential discrimination against
entries that choose not to do so. If we are going for a level playing field
let's get completely level.