Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:43:52 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:
After formal running the MOTM contest for a month, I've becomed
concerned with the fairness of the contest.

If you feel that POV rendering gives too many degrees of freedom, why not
define MOTM as L3LAB, Ortographic, renderings. Then there's no discussion of
landscape, sky, Anton Raves' parts, etc. etc.

L3LAB rendering also shows the construction of the model better than POV.

I don't think there's any need for camera restrictions in this case, let the
builder select his favourite view(s) (of course, this makes it possible to
only build half models, but we do that for real too, right?).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm