 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *759 (-100)
  Re: more on the rotation sensor

(...) value) (...) The order is numerical, either 0->1->2->3->0... or 0->3->2->1->0... That's why legOS has them enumerated that way. The Mindstorms fw numbers them differently, which is why I mentioned it. (...) I don't think your specific example (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

I also tried to move the files into the "demo" directory and then change the makefile, but I still got the same error. Ian (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

No suggestions, but I have the same problem, starting with: makefile:16: ../Makefile.common: No such file or directory (ENOENT) I tried changing the / to \, but it didn't seem to help. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

I have had a look and no SHELL setting. Anyother clues ?? Cheers Ian (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Luis, I noticed the HTML files for the current HowTo are generated with SGMLtools. Do you have any sources in SGML, or were those created from LaTex? Some SGML or XML format would be cool, for it can easily be exported to HTML, PDF, PS or others... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HELP - LegOS for Windows

Make sure there is no "SHELL=" in the environment. If this exists, GNU make will attempt to use the specified shell program. I have found the MKS Toolkit is incompatible with this port of Make. It took me several days to realize the SHELL setting (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  HELP - LegOS for Windows

Hello, I downloaded LegOS for windows, but am having some problems. When I try and make the demo programs I get the following errors: C:\legOS\Demo>make makefile:16: ../Makefile.common: No such file or directory (ENOENT) makefile:17: (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Hi again! Well, after a whole day of thinking :) I realize it's not really easy to coordinate the effort of several paople, and I certainly have more respect for those who run successful such projects. In our case, the point would be to allow many (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: more on the rotation sensor

(...) of (...) not (...) value) (...) all (...) These (...) of (...) or (...) are (...) the (...) range (...) the (...) strength (...) to (...) I think I have an idea what is going on. Consider the sensor rotating forwards. If typical readings for (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) Like I said, I have time to edit- if people can contribute, I'll put it together. I just don't have time to play with legOS. (...) I too would like to try out SourceForge. The once catch is that we can't host everything- I believe the windows (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Hi I am a Software Engineer with some spare time to contribute. My specialty is Real-Time Embbeded Operating Systems and drivers. Mostly in the Telecommunications World, about 6 years. About 4 years in imige processing. I would be willing to offer (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C++ for legOS

(...) Ben> Re: the bloat you mention on your web page, perhaps if you're Ben> going to write a lot of C++ for legOS you should integrate Ben> the libc++ and wrappers++ libraries into your kernel so that Ben> all programs can share them. That would (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) It's a common problem! :) Well, it is like this: right now I have some time, and wouldn't mind to use it for taking care of the docs. But I don't have time to write or edit myself a lot - this is why it would be a good solution to just let (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

I really wish I had time to maintain the docs. Heck, I wish I had time to pay with the toys. :| Unfortunately, the professor who basically gave me credit to write the docs and mess with everything has left Duke for private research in New Jersey (he (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C++ for legOS

(...) Re: the bloat you mention on your web page, perhaps if you're going to write a lot of C++ for legOS you should integrate the libc++ and wrappers++ libraries into your kernel so that all programs can share them. That would double (!) the size (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C++ for legOS

(...) Cool! I wish I could try it, but I'll wait until someone gets it running on Windows... :-) Les, I like the way you said: "I don't really know what I'm doing with this stuff. I just hacked 'till things worked." 8^) /Vlad (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  C++ for legOS

Hi All: I've got the C++ cross-compiler working for LegOS. I can write & download C++ programs with simple classes, objects, inheritance & polymorphism all working. See this link for details: (URL) find it hard to believe this has not been attempted (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) for creating some documentation on legOS. Sorry that I didn't think about this earlier, but the easiest way would be to just build upon Luis Villa's excellent HowTo!!! The problems are then if he agrees with it, and how to set up the whole (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) well, you could count on me as note-writer for lnp and maybe other stuff. I feel i won't have time to help in the 'orderly fashion thing', as of my experience this kind'a work can get really time-consuming if one want's to get it well done. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Light sensors

(...) I looked closer at the readings, and the readings are okay for light backgrounds. For a dark one, however, the value is only half of the time the right one - for the other half 0x1F0 gets added to it... Anyone ideas why this is happening? (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) Not many, I just begun to think about it. My first idea is to have a site where people could get in and write notes, comments or ideas aboiut each API or module. And have a small team that will gather all the information and write it down in a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) Hello Vlad, maybe i could help a little, do you have any ideas about the actual format and how we could organize things ? BTW, is seems to be impossible to email you directly -- is that intentionally ? --Martin (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Vlad (...) Yes I am interested in there being some documentation. Unfortunately I am just starting out with legOS so will not be able to help at present. Hopefully in the next few months I will be up to speed and would be more than happy to help (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS documentation

Hi! Just my 2-pence thoughts about the topic... I suppose nobody will argue with me that legOS isn't well documented, as it is now. Considering that legOS is still rather user-unfriendly, documentation is very important. someone said Markus is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

Why don't you use the system timer (sys_time)? With one timer is enough. Use relative times instead of absolute timers... Toni Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fp1BJI.E4M@lugnet.com... (...) timers? (...) handlers (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

(...) Mmm, yes. I was thinking about things like SetTimer and GetTimer, so that wakeup handlers can be used... as things are now (if I am not wrong) one has to directly work with the ROM... /Vlad (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

(...) You nicer than msleep() and sleep()? --Ben (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS does not work on 1.5 RCX

Before anyone replies to my previous message, found the problem. I have a light over my desk and this was interfering with the IR transmission. Turned the light off and moved the RCX a little closer to the tower and hey presto, all OK. Does legOS (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS does not work on 1.5 RCX

Hi I installed the win version of legOS and downloaded the firmware legOS.srec to both my RCX's. The older RCX from a 1.0 set seems to accept .lx files OK the first time after the firmware is downloaded. The new version will not accept any .lx (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  more on the rotation sensor

I did some more experiments last night. My conclusion is that the majority of apparent 2-state transitions never actually occur (that is: the sensor does not actually travel through 2 states between two consecutive sensor readings). The order of the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS timers

Hi! Did anyone write any 'nicer' wrapper functions for handling the RCX timers? Or am I blind and can't find them? 8^) /Vlad (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Light sensors

(...) more light and is working.... Erm... it isn't really working - it exhibits the same 'inverted' behaviour, looking for a white line on a black background... /Vlad (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Light sensors

Hi! Maybe this is obvious for all experienced legOS users - I am displaying the values read from the light sensor on the LCD, and I get values of ~30 for light and ~520 for darkness... This seems very strange - is it the display wrong, or are these (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware startup bug?

I have replaced my batteries without erasing the firware several times. The trick is replacing the batteries one at a time with the brick turned off. You have then several (10 or so) seconds between each replace. If you leave the brick switched on (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Firmware startup bug?

Probably related to the garbage on the lcd that you get when turning off the RCX with a sensor active: if there is a light or rotation sensor or a pressed touch sensor connected to the RCX when you download firmware legOS will crash immediately (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) That's one of the reasons I got mine. I was trying to make a simple balancer when I built the pendulum I described (with 4.5 degree accuracy). There were a lot of problems with my mechanism, but the overriding problem was that the 0 point (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) which (...) I added code to assume that 2 step transitions were 2 steps in the last known direction of travel. The results were MUCH worse than just ignoring those steps, as the current code does. This seems to suggest that the 2-step (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) I got a letter two days ago indicating that the two rotation sensors I ordered the first week in January are nicely on backorder and will ship in a month or so. This is similar to what I was told on the phone when I ordered them from Shop and (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) I tried hacking something like this into the old rotation sensor code, and it didn't go real smoothly, but is definitely a necessity (I think) if you want the sensor to handle very, very high speed apps. (...) I am. I'm almost tempted to steal (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) What exactly do you intend here, Martin? I spent quite some time working on this over the summer and in the fall, and had a great deal of problems but also some success. I'd be happy to help you out with my experiences if you have some idea (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) It is very very interesting. I have worked the last weeks evenings to discover the fault in my concept, my modell and my Software. and I have discovered, that the fault can't be on my side. I discovered that my implementation of a fake (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) Hi Ben, i think that's very interesting work you're doing, especially because i'd like to build sophisticated balancing bots, and already got 2 rotation sensors from lego world shop for this reason. I'm currently not actively working on that, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

I put in some debug code to catch rotations which skip a state (transitions like 3->1 or 0->2) which the legOS table `diff2change' currently translates to 0 steps (because we can't be sure whether that was 2 steps forward or 2 steps back). These (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sending keepalive... ???

Hi Rossz (...) Yes, I downloaded the legOS.srec on top of the existing Lego firmware and some programs. When you download the legOS firmware will anything currently in RAM be deleted? I'll try taking the batteries out for a while and starting again. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Bug in WinlegOS installer

In my rush to get the package released I made "one more insignificant change". This resulted in a bad path setting being placed in the autoexec.bat file. At the end of the install skip rebooting and open autoexec.bat in the editor. The installer (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: more user questions

Thanks, your directions worked perfectly. (...) Originally, the line appended to autoexec.bat was (something like): set path=set path=c:\LEGOS\H8\BIN...ath%%path% which I altered to: set path=c:\LEGOS\H8\BIN...BIN;%path% (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) old (...) The version I posted works with all cable lengths and battery strengths I have access to. I just extended the range of each state a bit toward the low battery end of the scale. --Ben (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: more user questions

A general note, there is a README.WRI file. This includes information beyond what Markus originally wrote in README. Perhaps I should have deleted his README (I include it in README.WRI, anyway). Open your copy of MAKEFILE. You'll find this line: (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sending keepalive... ???

(...) If the readme file says the demo LX files are included, that is a mistake (or should I include them?). I'll have to correct it. As for your download problem, did you download the firmware first (firmdl3 legOS.srec)? LX files are relocatible (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  more user questions

I too have had my problems with this system. Perhaps they come from my inexperience with LEGOS or UNIX, which doubtless is apparent in my description below: Downloading and installing went well. Then, after correcting a minor SET PATH syntax error (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  sending keepalive... ???

Hi You go to all the hassle of making LegOS available for us Windows users and still we have questions. I'm really struggling and can not find anything in the docs or Lugnet to help (that I understand) and so I would really apreciate some help. I (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows

Install ActivePerl ((URL) switch to the boot directory, and type MAKE. That's it. What you can't build with this package are the various command line tools (makelx.exe, firmdl3.exe, dll.exe), nor the cross compiler. Rossz (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) Will this version also work with fresh batteries and short cable, or do we have to change tables depending on the battery state ? (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Trying to understand dynamic loading

(...) AFAIK, Markus is currently writing a new O'Reilly book about Mindstorms systems, which will cover legOS quite detailed. I also guess there will arise some up-to-date online documentation from this project. - Martin (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) When I wrote my original post I was afraid that major surgery was going to be required to fix this. The values with an extension wire are actually shifted into formerly invalid slots which are contiguous with the existing state groups. So the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  rotation sensor mystery solved?

I was getting very erratic readings from a rotation sensor (if I put a pendulum on it and moved it back and forth the 0 position would wander all over the place). I started looking at the raw values from the sensor and comparing them with what the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Trying to understand dynamic loading

Thank you all for the help. Now I can see things much better! Now that the Windows version finally works, I will be able to experiment a little... A thought: IMHO, one of the things that should be very high on the "to do" list is documenting legOS. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows

(...) Yes, I tested it and it worked on my Win98! Great work!! Thanks! (...) Do you mean that the kernel can be rebuild on Windows? Which parts/utilities cannot be rebuilt? best regards, Vlad (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS for Windows

For those of you overwhelmed by the work involved to get a viable legOS developement system on the Windows OS, legOS for Windows is now available. If you only wish to write dynamic downloadable programs for the RCX, this package is all you need. If (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows Finished!

(URL) I haven't tested it myself, but WinlegOS 0.2.3 is now online. Many thanks are clearly due to Rossz for making this happen. If someone wants to volunteer to write up a quick description of it's use, let me know, and I'll post that along with (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Trying to understand dynamic loading

(...) You can't run multiple downloaded programs at once, but you can have several programs installed and pick which one to run. Each program can have many threads. (...) Yes, the compiled files depend on the reloc information for the kernel. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Trying to understand dynamic loading

(...) i'm surely not the definitive person to answer this questions, so don't take the follwowing 100%'ly: Yes there is a loader. It's activated whenever a certain kind of packet arrives on LNP addressing port 0. The loading of the program requires (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Trying to understand dynamic loading

(...) Yes (...) Yes (...) I have not tried it and the downloader task seams to be disabled while a program is running. I'll hope, i can find time to read the source :) (...) Aehhhhh yes, maybe, i think so. .) (...) Yes Greetings Carsten ps: (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Trying to understand dynamic loading

Hi! Could anyone please explain a little how the dynamic loading facility works in legOS? I don't seem to get at full grip on it... and I can't test it either, right now... Is there a loader on the RCX? Can apps be downloaded to the RCX whithout (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows Finished!

(...) Tomorrow is a bad day, but expect it to be up and announced by midnight (EST) at the latest. -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows Finished!

mike mcfarlane <mcfarlane_mike@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fot34E.JA4@lugnet.com... (...) I'll send it off to arthurdent on Monday morning. When Luis has the time, he'll make it available and (hopefully) let everyone here know of its (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  pity yet another newbie ??

Hi All After my previous post saying how I was looking forward to a 'designed for 95/98whatever' I had a touch of guilt and want to learn. I followed the instructions on: (URL) appeared to be the most detailed. I believe I managed to compile (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows Finished!

Oh, I wish I had been a good boy at school and learned my Unix like I should have! Instead I fell for the lure of Win and an 'easy life' ¦-? I started trying to install LegOS today and am so far failing miserably, so you guys huge effort is like (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows Finished!

(...) I'll put whatever you guys want on arthurdent, which appears to be the closest thing we have to a "community" ftp/web server. I'll also be getting my own domain name soon, and so everything will be moved to that so that there will be (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS for Windows Finished!

(...) I will send them to you via E-Mail. I've patched and tested them both and recently posted the diffs file on lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, but I have not received any feedback (for firmdl3) at all. :-( I've also wrote to Peter Van Beken and kekoa (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

Sorry Mario but seem that somebody have published some Lego Camera into lego minstorms site... -- ___...___ Ferrara Francesco Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:Fop2Mt.K2x@lugnet.com... (...) then (...) offen (...) files (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  legOS for Windows Finished!

Ok, I lied. I am missing one essential component. I absolutely need a copy of DLL.EXE that runs under Windows. I could also use a compiled copy of the latest version FIRMDL.EXE (I only have version 1). So far my tests are very encouraging. After (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS for Windows

I have nearly completed putting together all the pieces for a development environment that runs natively under Windows. As deployed, it won't be able to rebuild the utility programs such as makelx.exe or the cross-compiler programs. This would (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  No need for makedepend.exe

On one of my computers makedepend.exe refuses to work, though my other system doesn't have a problem (both are Win95). While researching the problem I ran across a discussion on GCC showing how to create dependency lists automatically. I plugged in (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Søren Hilmer <sh@itplus.dk> wrote in message: (...) Søren's right, the problem comes from Netscape that downloads the .rar files as text. Now Francesco has updated his page with a zipped version of his files and hope anybody can safely download (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

I had no problem downloading and unpacking the files. CU Bert Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Lego pBricks www.bvandam.net -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- Van: Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu@nospam.hotmail.com> Aan: (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

The same happened to me when I downloaded using NetScape Navigator, I then used IE-5 and everything was fine (this tend to happen more and more offen typically with files NS does not know about, like .jar files). -- Søren (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

(...) I used WinRAR 2.6 and had no problems at all in uncompressing the downloaded files. This might depends on the fact that Francesco's page is in Italy and I'm in Italy too. I'll drop a line to Francesco pointing out the problem and suggesting he (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Proximity detector routines

Hello, i've written a proximity sensor for legOS 0.2.3 I hope, it'll be usefull to someone. Carsten ---...---SNIP HERE ---...--- /***...*** * Filename: ProximityLib.c * * * * Proximity Driver for legOS 0.2.3 * * the LightSensor is connected PORT 2 * (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

(...) Yes. See my review in another posting. :) (...) I managed to unpack the files on a Solaris machine, where RAR is version 2.1 or 2.2. I didn't try with an older version on Windows. regards, /Vlad (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

Sounds like a great idea. Almost like LegOS lite? I'm assuming that all the cool multi-tasking and LNP stuff isn't available. I got the WinRar 2.6 d/l'ed OK from ZDNet.com. However, I was sad to find that all the QC101 and the v102 patch .RAR were (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

(...) I'm in touch with Francesco via e-mail and invited him to join this group and present his work in person. Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

The owner of (URL) , Francesco Ferrara, is not connected to this mailing list (or any robotics list for that matter) so that's why I posted this message for him. If you have questions, complaints, bugreports, anything please email him directly at (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: 0.2.3 bug report

(...) will (...) feelers. (...) This also happens if you have light sensors attached to the RCX. The only way to get the semi-random junk to go away with light sensors attached is to (duh) un-attach the light sensors, or turn the RCX on and off (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Command Line Length (and more)

I used the cygwin make with no problems. alex "Rossz Vámos-Wentworth" <rossw@jps.net> wrote in message news:FoI8L1.LGz@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: firmdl3 on Winnt - no more problems!

(...) NQC sends a command over the IR to what it expects to be the stock Mindstorms firmware. I know the `-d' option always reports the battery voltage so that may be it. In any case, it's not a problem, just ignore it. In my experience `nqc (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: firmdl3 on Winnt - no more problems!

Hello Paolo, Would you mind sharing that binary executable of firmdl3 ??? Maybe Kekoa should make executables available on his site? I tried using NQC -firmware but got "RCX not responding" after what appeared to be a successful download. Thanks, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Steven Vore <svore@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:FoHy1L.G3p@lugnet.com... (...) I think the problem is in the make program. If I put the same command in a batch file (fully expanded command line) it works (both with command.com and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Command Line Length (and more)

(...) IIRC, command.com imposes that length limit (I'm assuming you're on a PC here). -Steven (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

(...) Hmmm, I tried to download, and the RAR files are corrupted... am using the latest WinRAR... I would appreciate if the archives were available in other formats too, as I don't want to have to but WinRAR when I have other archivers already. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Command Line Length (and more)

It looks like I have most of the problems solved. However, one serious problem seems to be related to the length of the command line. Either "make" or the OS is truncating the command line to about 127 characters. This causes several module builds (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

(...) This seems very interesting! But I fear that having two different C development environments will split the development efforts... As a developer I wouldn't want to have to write my code for two platforms, so it would be nice to have some (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Make and dependencies

I just double checked my setting. Unfortunately, that was not the problem. Since it can find the compiler and build the .o files with no problem, TOOLPREFIX is definately set properly. Thanks anyway. Ben Jackson <ben@ben.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Make and dependencies

(...) When I first built legOS I discovered that I had TOOLPREFIX set wrong (Makefile.common) and gmake appeared to be ignoring rules for which the tools could not be found. So `cd boot; gmake legOS.srec' would fail with `no rule to make legOS.dis2' (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Make and dependencies

Perhaps I don't understand what needs to be done to get "make depend" to work properly. I'm working on a Win95 box. After exectuting this command for the kernel (in the boot directory) I do not end up with a complete ".depend" file. I get the error (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  0.2.3 bug report

If there are touch sensors pressed at the time the RCX is turned off there will be some semi-random junk left on the LCD display. If you power on the display is fixed, and you can remove/release the sensors, turn the RCX off and get a blank display. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  firmdl3 on Winnt - no more problems!

Finally I got a firmdl3 version that FULLY works on Winnt, both in slow and fast mode! No more "write: permission denied" or "read: permission denied" problems... No more interrupted downloads at all on my system (NTWS 4 SP6a). Note: I've not tested (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: InstallShield for legOS

  Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

Having trouble getting the Hitachi H8 Mindstorm firmware compiler to run on a W95 platform? Francesco Ferrara has a ready to run installation on his website! (URL) . Download, un-rar, add c:\qc\bin to your path and you're all set. You can have your (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  LegOS Firmware Problem

I'm using LegOS 0.2.3 under a Slackware 7 Linux install and everything seemed to work perfectly to begin with. I've recently tried altering the kernel a bit -- everything compiled fine as far as I could tell. When I tried to use firmdl3 to download (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact