 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 669
668  |  670
Subject:
Command Line Length (and more)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:32:27 GMT

It looks like I have most of the problems solved.  However, one serious
problem seems to be related to the length of the command line.  Either
"make" or the OS is truncating the command line to about 127 characters.
This causes several module builds to either fail or to output their result
to a different file name, e.g. "semaphor" instead of "semaphore.o".  I was
able to fix most of the problems by shortening some filenames.  That isn't
really the correct solution, unfortunately, and doesn't fix all the
problems.

Is there anyway to get the compiler tools to accept options from other than
the command line (especially GCC and LD)?  For example "ld @options
blah....".

A side note, 4DOS allows a longer command line, which is how I was able to
manually build the problem modules, so I tend to believe it is MAKE that is
the cause of the shortened command lines.

BTW, to remove the need for Perl, I've replaced "fixdeps" with a "sed"
command since I can include a sed program in the InstallShield installer
package.  My sed abilities are rather limited, however, so if anyone can
rewrite the other Perl scripts to use sed I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Rossz