 Robotics / RCX / 416
415  |  417
Subject:
more user questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:03:28 GMT

I too have had my problems with this system.  Perhaps they come from my
inexperience with LEGOS or UNIX, which doubtless is
apparent in my description below:

Downloading and installing went well.  Then, after correcting a minor SET
PATH syntax error in AUTOEXEC.BAT, I attempted to follow the instructions in
README.  I won't bore you with much of this comedy of errors, but I would
like help with the last part (compiling and downloading).

My source code was the HELLOLEGOS program, a 7-liner given on p 192 of
Knudsen's book.  I had previously compiled it on a web-based compilor, and
downloaded & executed the SREC file without error, so I doubt there are
syntax problems in the source.

Following the directions in README, I made my own directory in the legOS root
directory, copied the source over, renaming it to myproject.c, and copied
makefile from the demo library.  Now the directions say "link to
boot/config.h".  What does this mean, put an #include statement for it in the
program?  No matter, I tried with & without, but no success either way.  That
is, following the directions, I typed "make myproject.lx && dll
myproject.lx".  The result was the following lines on the screen:

Makefile: 42: .depend:  No such file or directory (ENOENT)
djecho -o response " -M -O2 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -
Ic:/legOS/include -I. -Ic:/legOS/boot -c c:/legOS/kernel/*.c"
h8300-hms-gcc @response >.depend
make.exe: *** No rule to make target 'myproject.lx'. Stop.

There were also 2 new files in my directory" response, and .depend.  There was
no .srec file.

For me, this is all pretty cryptic.  Can anyone help?