 Robotics / RCX / 424
Re: sending keepalive... ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:17:38 GMT

Hi Rossz

If the readme file says the demo LX files are included, that is a
mistake (or
should I include them?).  I'll have to correct it.  As for your download
problem,
did you download the firmware first (firmdl3 legOS.srec)?  LX files are
relocatible programs and require the legOS firmware to already reside in
the RCX.

Yes, I downloaded the legOS.srec on top of the existing Lego firmware and some
programs. When you download the legOS firmware will anything currently in RAM
be deleted? I'll try taking the batteries out for a while and starting again.

Perhaps you need to download a newer version of WinZip.  I'm using
version 6.3 and

mmm, using 6.3 sr1 and it failed on both my machines. I used to be a computer
jinx (quite literally machines failed when I walked by, my friend called them
Mike-Rays.) I'll try and find a friend to try it for me, but if not is there
another source for this file or any word of when the 0.2 API info will be
available.

Thanks for the advice

Mike