 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 725
724  |  726
Subject:
Firmware startup bug?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:36:34 GMT

Probably related to the garbage on the lcd that you get when turning off the
RCX with a sensor active:  if there is a light or rotation sensor or a pressed
touch sensor connected to the RCX when you download firmware legOS will crash
immediately after the download completes.

It might also happen if a motor is connected, but no sensors.  I haven't done
exhaustive tests, but the pattern points to a bug.

Also, has anyone ever successfully replaced the batteries in the RCX with legOS
installed?  Mine is always wiped clean.

--Ben