 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 704
703  |  705
Subject:
rotation sensor mystery solved?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:13:55 GMT

I was getting very erratic readings from a rotation sensor (if I put a pendulum
on it and moved it back and forth the 0 position would wander all over the
place).  I started looking at the raw values from the sensor and comparing them
with what the kernel was doing.  It turns out that the resistance of the ~100cm
long wire I was using to connect the sensor was enough to move all of the
sensor results off from what the `ad2state' array expected (making them mostly
state 0).  If I remove the extension wire and test I get perfect tracking.  Now
the project I'm working on requires the extension, so I'm going to have to find
a fix for this problem, but maybe this will be of some assistance to those who
have had trouble with legOS and rotation sensors...

--Ben