 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 719
Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:19:24 GMT

Ben Jackson wrote:

Is anyone else working on this?  Are people at least enjoying the lively
conversation I'm having with myself on lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos?  If you want
to play along at home, take a rotation sensor, put 2 1x4 beams along one edge
of the top, put an 8t gear on a beam through the sensor and a 40t gear on the
center hole of the upper beam.  Attach a stick of some kind with a weight (I'm
using an axle with a big tire) and swing it back and forth.  You get a good 0
reference (straight down) so you can easily track when the zero point drifts
due to missed turns.

--Ben
It is very very interesting. I have worked the last weeks evenings to
discover the fault in my concept, my modell and my Software. and I have
discovered, that the fault can't be on my side. I discovered that my
implementation of a fake rotation sensor using a fibre obtics box has
better performace than the original rotation sensor. So i planed to
investigate legOSs handling of the rotation sensor next weekend.

Carsten

--
"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
all the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore,

      -IBM maintenance manual, 1925