 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 718
Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:24:32 GMT

Ben Jackson wrote:

Is anyone else working on this?  Are people at least enjoying the lively
conversation I'm having with myself on lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos?

Hi Ben, i think that's very interesting work you're doing, especially
because i'd like to build sophisticated balancing bots, and already got
2 rotation sensors from lego world shop for this reason. I'm currently
not actively working on that, because i first want to finish my reliable
LNP layer, but if you have patches to the rotation sensor code - i'm
highly interested in that.

to play along at home, take a rotation sensor, put 2 1x4 beams along one edge
of the top, put an 8t gear on a beam through the sensor and a 40t gear on the
center hole of the upper beam.

This gearbox will yield a resolution of 4.5 degrees, if i got that
right. For the balancing controllers i'm currently thinking of that
might not be fine grained enough. Have you tried to achieve higher
resolutions ?

cheers, Martin