 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 736
735  |  737
Subject:
legOS documentation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:22:25 GMT

Hi!

Just my 2-pence thoughts about the topic...

I suppose nobody will argue with me that legOS isn't well documented, as it is
now. Considering that legOS is still rather user-unfriendly, documentation is
very important.

someone said Markus is preparing a book about legOS - this is great, and I will
certainly buy it! But, there is a "but": a book cannot replace documentation,
at least not for an evolving project as legOS. The book will be outdated within
the first two weeks since coming out... It will be great for explaining the
inner workings of LNP, for example, and for background information - but as an
API reference, I think online help should exist.

Since Markus is very busy, someone else might start and run a small project for
creating some documentation on legOS. I have now some free time and am
volonteering - anyone else? Is there any real interest? Because help will be
needed from all of you who do know more about legOS than I am... :-)

regards,
/Vlad