 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 750
Re: legOS documentation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 15:38:02 GMT

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Luis Villa writes:
I really wish I had time to maintain the docs.
It's a common problem! :)

Well, it is like this: right now I have some time, and wouldn't mind to use it
for taking care of the docs. But I don't have time to write or edit myself a
lot - this is why it would be a good solution to just let everyone just add
their notes, and maybe once a week try to put a new version together.

Like I said, I have time to edit- if people can contribute, I'll put it
together. I just don't have time to play with legOS.

I also confess that the docs are only half of my motivation: making a project
like this work is as much interesting and challenging. (this is one of the
reasons I want to give SourceForge a try...)

I too would like to try out SourceForge. The once catch is that we can't
host everything- I believe the windows binaries in particular cannot be
hosted there, as they include non-free code like InstallShield.

Luis:
Can you host CGI scripts and/or binaries on your machine?
Maybe we can share some of the administration tasks?

I really prefer not to do CGI's, because of the security implications of
poorly written ones. However, if you have something particular in mind, I
am pretty good with php and may be able to whip up a quick app.

Let's keep this dialogue going-
Luis

     Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand.
                  -Anonymous