 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 752
Re: legOS documentation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:30:43 GMT

Hi again!

Well, after a whole day of thinking :) I realize it's not really easy to
coordinate the effort of several paople, and I certainly have more respect for
those who run successful such projects.

In our case, the point would be to allow many people to contribute, while not
making verything too difficult. Right now there are two categories of solutions
that I think would suit well he purpose.

1. Split the documentation into several small parts, and let people work at
them. From time to time, the parts should be assembled back into a full
document. A WikiWeb solution would be quite nice (that was why I asked Luis for
CGIs), however the problem is how to split and assemble the document in a smart
way, and also allow for adding/deleting parts.

2. letting people create virtual post-it notes on the full document. There are
some ready made solutions, but the ones I found yet are only Windows based and
proprietary. The problem would be creating the server application, which might
become a project in itself...

anyone has other ideas or coments?
/Vlad

Luis wrote:
I too would like to try out SourceForge. The once catch is that we can't
host everything- I believe the windows binaries in particular cannot be
hosted there, as they include non-free code like InstallShield.
I am not sure if all that is non-open source is prohibited... only non-open
source projects. I'll check that.