 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 688
687  |  689
Subject:
legOS for Windows Finished!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:51:37 GMT

Ok, I lied.  I am missing one essential component.  I absolutely need a copy
of DLL.EXE that runs under Windows.  I could also use a compiled copy of the
latest version FIRMDL.EXE (I only have version 1).

So far my tests are very encouraging.  After running the installer, just pop
open a DOS box (or 4DOS) and you can build the libraries, the kernel, and
the demo programs by running MAKE.  My tests are limited to just building
them, unfortunately, since I don't have the downloader.

I welcome some suggestions as to what H8 compiler tools can be eliminated.
I know which ones are currently used, but I don't know which ones might be
useful in the future.  The entire installer package runs at about 5.5 Meg.
It will get larger when the documents for the legOS API are completed,
though.

It also still requires Perl (ActivePerl recommended) as I have not yet
replaced a few minor items, but no other programs or tools are necessary
(except for a good programming editor, I suggest UltraEdit).

Here's the full list of the H8 tools that are currently installed:

h8\bin\cygwin1.dll
h8\bin\firmdl.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-addr2line.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-ar.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-as.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-c++.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-c++filt.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-coffdump.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-g++.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-gasp.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-gcc.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-ld.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-nm.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-objcopy.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-objdump.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-protoize.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-ranlib.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-readelf.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-run.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-size.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-srconv.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-strings.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-strip.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-sysdump.exe
h8\bin\h8300-hms-unprotoize.exe
h8\h8300-hms\bin\ar.exe
h8\h8300-hms\bin\as.exe
h8\h8300-hms\bin\ld.exe
h8\h8300-hms\bin\nm.exe
h8\h8300-hms\bin\ranlib.exe
h8\h8300-hms\bin\strip.exe
h8\lib\gcc-lib\h8300-hms\egcs-2.91.66\cc1.exe
h8\lib\gcc-lib\h8300-hms\egcs-2.91.66\cc1plus.exe
h8\lib\gcc-lib\h8300-hms\egcs-2.91.66\collect2.exe
h8\lib\gcc-lib\h8300-hms\egcs-2.91.66\cpp.exe
h8\lib\gcc-lib\h8300-hms\egcs-2.91.66\specs

The installer is based on version 0.2.3 and includes the entire H8
cross-compiler, and various GNU based tools ported to the Windows OS.

Oops, almost forget.  My ISP does not allow me to have an FTP area, so I
would appreciate it if someone can host it.

Rossz
rossw@jps.net