 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 687
686  |  688
Subject:
legOS for Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:01:08 GMT

I have nearly completed putting together all the pieces for a
development environment that runs natively under Windows.  As deployed,
it won't be able to rebuild the utility programs such as makelx.exe or
the cross-compiler programs.  This would require installing the Cygnus
package and a whole lot of manual configuration.

It will include the following:

- legOS (probably 0.2.3) source and utility programs
- H8 compiler tools
- Various GNU tools from the DJGPP project (make.exe, chmode.exe, etc.)

It will be installed and configured via an InstallShield based program.
No hand modification of the files should be necessary.

The package will still require Perl (ActivePerl is recommended) for two
scripts (MERGEMAP and GENLDS).  I welcome any suggestions for the
elimination of this last requirement.

I need the following latest and greatest binaries that run under Windows
95, 98, and NT (I'm running Win 95) to complete this project:

    fixdl3.exe
    dll.exe

BTW, at http://www.delorie.com/djgpp is information on building
Windows/DOS hosted versions of the GNU cross compiler.  The DJGPP
versions of the GNU tools overcome most of the problems inherent in
running Unix developed programs on Windows systems.  Using a DJGPP
version of the H8 cross-compiler would have simplified what I have done
considerably.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like an H8 version has
made available, yet.   Has anyone looked into this?

Rossz