 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 686
685  |  687
Subject:
No need for makedepend.exe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:29:10 GMT

On one of my computers makedepend.exe refuses to work, though my other
system doesn't have a problem (both are Win95).  While researching the
problem I ran across a discussion on GCC showing how to create
dependency lists automatically.  I plugged in the suggestion and it
worked perfectly.  Simply include the "-M" switch on the GCC command
line and it will spit out a properly formated .depend file.  It also
eliminates the need for the Perl script FIXDEPS.

Here's the change to make to boot/makefile:

depend:
    $(CC) -M $(CFLAGS) $(LEGOS_ROOT)kernel/*.c >.depend

.depend:
   $(CC) -M $(CFLAGS) $(LEGOS_ROOT)kernel/*.c >.depend

I still don't know why makedepend refuses to run, but now I don't care.

In case anyone cares, there error I got from makedepend.exe is,
warning:  cannot open "*.c".  And yes, I double checked my -I switches.

Rossz