 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 666
Re: Make and dependencies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 05:19:14 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rossz Vámos-Wentworth writes:
Perhaps I don't understand what needs to be done to get "make depend" to
work properly.  I'm working on a Win95 box.  After exectuting this command
for the kernel (in the boot directory) I do not end up with a complete
".depend" file.  I get the error "No rule to make the target "legOS.srec
'need by '" when I execute "make all" or just "make".  What steps must I
follow to create a complete .depend file.

When I first built legOS I discovered that I had TOOLPREFIX set wrong
(Makefile.common) and gmake appeared to be ignoring rules for which the tools
could not be found.  So `cd boot; gmake legOS.srec' would fail with `no rule to
make legOS.dis2' when what it really meant was `/blah/blah/blah/objdump not
found'.  I spent a long time double checking the make rules before I realized
what was going on.

--Ben