 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 667
Re: Make and dependencies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 05:55:59 GMT

I just double checked my setting.  Unfortunately, that was not the problem.
Since it can find the compiler and build the .o files with no problem,
TOOLPREFIX is definately set properly.  Thanks anyway.

Ben Jackson <ben@ben.com> wrote in message news:FoGs42.B95@lugnet.com...
When I first built legOS I discovered that I had TOOLPREFIX set wrong
(Makefile.common) and gmake appeared to be ignoring rules for which the • tools
could not be found.  So `cd boot; gmake legOS.srec' would fail with `no • rule to
make legOS.dis2' when what it really meant was `/blah/blah/blah/objdump • not
found'.  I spent a long time double checking the make rules before I • realized
what was going on.