 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 660
659  |  661
Subject:
LegOS Firmware Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:02:28 GMT

I'm using LegOS 0.2.3 under a Slackware 7 Linux install and everything seemed
to work perfectly to begin with.  I've recently tried altering the kernel a bit
-- everything compiled fine as far as I could tell.  When I tried to use
firmdl3 to download the new kernel, however, I got a RCX not responding error.
I can still download programs, so it's not a communication issue (plus the IR
tower checks out okay in the RIS software).  The only way I've found I'm able
to erase the LegOS firmware is by removing the batteries and leaving them out
for several minutes (which, as far as I'm concerned, is not a good solution).
When I put the original RIS firmware on, I can overwrite it with the LegOS
firmware, so I don't think there's a problem with the ROM either...  So, anyone
have any ideas as to what's going on?  A way to fix the problem?

-Patrick