 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *5259 (-100)
  Re: Ahhhh... New Road plates...

I thought those were new road plates. I saw them a few days ago but couldn't remember if I'd seen them before. The strange thing is they are only shown with the Creator sets. If you look under City you'll see the older road plates. I need some T (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Ahhhh... New Road plates...

(URL) VW (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hypothetical Question

(...) From a balloon suspended over the top of the building by two (or three) ropes. Imagine a "string tripod" holding a helium or hot-air balloon with the camera pointing down as the building falls away from you. Similarly. the ballon could be (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: robotics invite

(...) I really like the design of the firefighting contest. I think that is beyond my capabilities though. The robot art thing is probably more my speed. Ooo, I'm geting ideas already. Just call me Van Gogh. Or whoever. (no really, don't.) Iain (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: robotics invite

(...) Hi Dan, Thanks for posting all of these dates. I'm going to try and come to the TSME meeting on Sept 13, and I am also going to enter a robot for the ECRG. For all the other rtl folk: check out the Eastern Canadian Robotics Games. (URL) looks (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

(...) Well duh :) We had to kick it out enough that it would overcome the startup friction of draging the grape along the slide bed, as well as having enough tension to collapse the stiff sling-material to a point where it would clear the structure. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Now THIS is a vending machine

Off-topic specifically, but still on the topic of vending machines: In union station, in the GO concourse, there is a CD/DVD vending machine. I was rather surprised by this. Also, I know of at least one interesting vending machine: at the museum of (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

Manganel. I tried building one out of lego, using the bungee from the 8205 Bungee Blaster, but it didn't work very well. It might have worked better if i'd had a sling instead of just a cup, but that would have taken more time/energy than i was (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

Calum i am now SO very sorry that I could not come out and join you for lobbing grapes. As a one off event to try in your back yard this looks like fun. BUT i want to warn people that as an RTLToronto event I don't want to see anyone get hurt. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

(...) <snip> Wow, looks like fun! A few comments to improve it, if you're interested: You'll want to start with the arm as close to inverted as possible; this gives a longer stretch of acceleration. You'll need to think about some means to change (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Now THIS is a vending machine

(...) :: snip :: That is just so awesome. It's too bad it's so ugly. I wish companies would realize that no, you do not have to make things look like a building. No, you do not need frilly edges. Lace went out in the late 1800's. MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Now THIS is a vending machine

(URL) Till Eggs, Diapers, Toothpaste Drop By JOHN TIERNEY WASHINGTON, Aug. 27 — It looks like a 7-Eleven in a box. Early this morning, as the restaurants and clubs were shutting down in the Adams Morgan neighborhood here, a young waiter named Rick (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

(...) ... that takes a rather limited view of trebuchet optimization, doesn't it? ;) Suddenly I'm envisioning little seeker robots who roam around, trying to locate the target (presumably, other peoples' trebuchets?). Once located, the information (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

(...) If I remember correctly from "Junkyard Wars" (another US tv show) the pin you used to hold/release the sling should in fact be a hook. And the angle of the hook would change the angle of release. So, with the design in the video, you could (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

(...) I think it was the most fun I've had with LEGO in ages! We had the most difficulty with the sling (whatever it's called) - geting it to release. If you go through the video frame by frame and watch the release carefully you can see how it (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

  Re: Trebuchet Fun

3 words.... Too Much Time!!! Absolutely loved it!! Now I'm inspired! Dave K (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Trebuchet Fun

Hey folks, Iain came by today and we ended up building a floating arm trebuchet to see what it would be like. In about an hour, we put together the model after using references from trebuchet.com. Iain figured out the layout of the mechanism and we (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Proposal for Altenburg station

Hi folks, I'm getting tempted to build a 2-level 4-track 4-platfrom station in Altenburg. My goal is to keep the station itself kind of smallish and meek, like Reading if it only had 2 tracks instead of 14 or whatever. Here are some thoughts: I'd (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Altenburg train clearances:

(...) I'll do a clearance diagram for the Metroliner. The big question will be whether we allow the club car or not. I noticed it cuts the inside of the corners much more then the other cars. I'll do a diagram that demonstrates both. I've been (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Altenburg train clearances:

Yet more rtlTrain4 info. There are effectively 4 major regions of track in the layout: The Altenburg (upper) loop; this will have clearance for a metroliner at most. 6 wide trains (possibly with small clips protruding from the sides). Clearances (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Vision Command, RCX, and the internet...

There have probably been a few of these 'bots in the past--I remember a few anyway... But have a boo at my latest creation-- (URL) isn't perfect yet... Remember that someone may be using the 'bot at the same time you are trying to use the 'bot, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Hypothetical Question

If its a tall building that's L shaped or U shaped, you can place a camera on the roof that looks down on one of the sides of the building. You'll get to see the building out from under the camera. An other cool one is to place the camera on a high (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  The Sears wish book is out!

One of my co-workers show up today with the new sears wish book, So what is the first thing that I did, Opened the book to the Lego section... It Included... Gifts under $20 Slave 2 - 19.99 Star Wars: Slave 1 79.99 Jedi Starfighter - 34.99 Yoda - (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hypothetical Question

I keep telling Calum that ANY external shot needs some theatrical pyro to make it look MORE like a movie...... ;) otherwise its just a few puffs of smoke. OH, I had a thought don't forget the audio. Chris (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hypothetical Question

(...) All I have to say is that it’s going to be o.k. Calum… Just put down the detonator and walk away from the explosives! We can work through this, ;) --==RïçhårÐ==-- (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Hypothetical Question

(...) If theres an empty liftwell / stairwell, that might be interesting (lookin straight up). It'd be interesting to see the initial point(s) of failure too. Oh, and one attached to the roof looking at a nearby landmark - you'd wanna check with the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Hypothetical Question

If you were to watch a building destroyed by demolition explosives, what perspectives would you want to see? I know of two: -a number of external wide shots including one pointing straight at the building -some inside. But where? Anyone have any (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Altenburg Elevations

(...) Cool, I did some building on the weekend assuming this was correct, so I'm glad I don't have to go back and fix it. :-) Although at this point I figure I'll be taking most everything apart again to make it break down into smaller pieces for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Altenburg Elevations

(...) That would appear to be it :) Jeff E (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  robotics invite

I keep telling people how great you guys are and they keep asking when you can come and show us what you do. There are a few dates coming up and it would be nice if you could join us one or more times. Sept. 7 - Saturday all day. TSME picnic out in (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes: <snip> (...) <snip> Learn to spell Dave... (URL) K (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) I just finished uploading pics of the 'bot that's going to replace the 'bot at home. The two 'bots are basically the same--the difference is in the gripping mechanism--this new one (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Junkyard Wars, Season 8

Hi folks, Looks like Junkyard Wars Season 8 is coming soon: (URL) episode is Wednesday night, and it looks like some decent mechanical challenges this time: I'm eager to see the car in a suitcase one and the railway one too. Calum (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  *Brickzi*

*Brickzi* This is for those of you who are home on a Wednesday night & watch City TV. (URL) Too funny, lol!!! --==Richard (Mr. ShakeHandsMan) Noeckel==-- (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.fun)

  Re: It took me all day

(...) I'll get some pics up soon... I built a new 'bot this weekend, which is identical to the 'bot at home--except the gripping mechanism which seems to be better. When I get home (I'm in Toronto right now, visiting the better looking half), either (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

(...) Indeed. I tried to unstick it just now but no luck. It will rotate a little bit but won't move. Jaws work. The old NASA trick of shaking the jeepers out of it to see if it will break free didn't work. Can you post (or refresh memory of) some (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Keyboard trouble!

I was wondering if anybody could offer advice? You see, I’ve got this keyboard… It’s relatively new and cost around $60.00 (It’s one of those Microsoft –natural keyboard elite- with super comfy ergonomic usability) But…problem is that I spilled half (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: It took me all day

(...) I'm re-evaluating the grabbing mechanism this weekend... but I'm not home so it'll prob'ly be monday before I get it on the 'bot. I just used the same grabber mechanism I used in my block stacking 'bot many moons ago, but it appears not to (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

(...) Thanks for looking Ivan--I was home for a bit whilst you were logged in--that was me writing all those notes :) THe problem with the grabber arm is there's not alotta room, and using the 16 teeth 45 degree gears, is that they sit right on the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

(...) Ditto It's really hard to stack two blocks on top of each other... tried about 5 times and gave up but this is tres cool! Dave: Thanks for sharing this! (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

(...) Dave, it's me logged in to your bot. Did I brake a gear or something? Can't believe how much fun this is!!' Ivan (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

(...) No worries whatsoever... That's the best part about the medium in which we choose to work--much easier to fix and/or modify So I fixed and/or modified--now those pesky jaws shan't fall off again! We'll teach those jaws!! (URL) a boo (again) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Altenburg Elevations

Jeff E, I've started laying out Altenburg East and I want to confirm the elevations we agreed on. The following image is the elevations as I remember it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) When you call something a "vending machine" I automatically think of the ubiquitous Coke machine. They're completely static. The most excitement you'll get from looking at it would come when the little light comes on to signify that it's out (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Looking for Robotics Judges

Hi folks, A fellow from IBME who has visited our rtlToronto events is looking for someone to help judge a local Lego Robotics competition as part of a Tamil Canadian community event. Due to ongoing commitments, I can't make it, but I was wondering (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Max Piece Mosaic

Ok so I want to get a Lego Mosaic just for the pieces, so I've worked out the following image: (URL) my calculations are correct this should give me 5 bags of each of the five colours, plus one extra bag of dark gray. If anyone out there would like (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

when people say that vending the best product is what this game is all about....... !!!ITS!!! !!!!NOT!!!! argh.... maybe by calling this game vending machines was a mistake... maybe that put a bad tone over the game. let me try again from a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) I can tell you right off the bat, that's bad idea, and it won't make any money. Mainly, because I doubt anyone will pay for something that you'll likely get for free, anyway, AND because it's only worth $0.02, and I'm sure that's being (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) Well there's my vending machine concept right there - I'll build something that, for a token, will prod Steve until he dispenses an opinion... (...) Thirded (...) Yes, but only when the blizzards let up to allow reception in mid July... (...) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

AAA...AAA! I'm a monster :( (URL) was wondering why the jaws weren't responding :( I'm sorry Dave, it's a very, very cool bot... you can drop by & beat me if you wish. Jeff E (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It took me all day

Wow Dave, Wow. I had most of my office crowded around my workstation for this. I have so many questions about it that I think I'll save em for the next rtl dinner event... Bravo! Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) ... (...) It was? Oh, I mean... it was! (...) "X-bot" just happened to be lighter and faster than Doug C's 18 track, 6 motor, 2 battery-box monster "Too Much". But it was a challenge to (1) win by using the loophole in the rules and (2) win by (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  It took me all day

and all night... but I got a few things done... As a tangent--ever notice that when you're inspired, that sleep is irrelevent? Anywho... Pics from the contest... (URL) prob'ly got names and 'bots wrong, so just e-mail me and I may get around to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) You and me both! I wish you'd fix your posting mechanism though, if you could, because it's breaking threads. This is none of my business as I have little standing, but here's my 1.285 cents (2 cents canadian) anyway... The ideal set of rules (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

At a model engineer show in the US called "NAMES" they give out tokens, I think 5, to everyone that enters. The tokens are used by people to vote on the best models. Does this idea help in any way? DOC (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

You know, this is getting to be a bad habit, BUT, I agree with Chris. Overly complex rules and limits tend to stifle creativity and if there was one contest that calls for creativity, it's this one. We don't need to create rules to curb cheating, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Magno <cmagno@rogers.com> (...) So, it's best capitalist AND robot designer? It seems like using money as the ONLY criteria to decide the winner will really only determine the best capitalist, not the best (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) <snip> (...) All good ideas. But if we want to make $$ a scoring condition, we could eliminate a lot of cheesy approaches by scoring on *profit*. After all, you don't get anywhere in real life by vending product that costs more than you (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

(...) BOTH!! every game we do is more than just building a robot. there is some strategy involved. With project X I made the choice to scan the board first then solve. others had to solve on the fly. This game should offer those same challenges. as (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

"Steve Hassenplug" <hassenplug@mail.com> wrote in news:20020820221116....nmail.com: (...) Hope you don't mind other thoughts from another 'outsider'... I agree with Steve, the winner should be the machine which is most fun to operate. That said, IMO (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

Matthias, I can answer some of these questions. (...) Legal..... I can safely say NO. if you built a slot machine then technically you would be breaking the gaming laws. THAT BEING SAID: this was going to be my idea. I was going to build a slot (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks!

Mario, it was a real pleasure to have you attend our event. (...) SEE, i just knew it was all worth it. :) -- Chris (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Thanks!

A quick note just to thank you all for the great time I had at rtlToronto11. I knew some of you from having been in touch by email or from having visited your websites (Calum, Chris, Rob, Iain), and meeting you in person has been a real pleasure. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

Some thoughts from an 'outsider'... For the record, if anyone wants my opinion, I'm very happy to give it. And sometimes, even if no one wants it, you'll still get it. (...) Personally, I don't like it, either. If that is the only criteria, then (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

Matt, Some good questions here. I'd add the following: a hospital or similar venue almost certainly has a contract to a vending machine operator. We'd be in violation of any such contract if we vend thing for cash. I'm not sold on the most-cash-wins (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) AHHH...HHH MY EYES!!!!!!` AHHHHHHH (sorry i could not resist) :) -- Chris (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) Yeah, careful there - he went through all the footage on my tapes too and gave me crap for the stuff I had on there! Iain (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) Hmmm. I suppose you could borrow the tape, but the recordings prior to the RTL stuff include me at the beach and nobody should have to endure that... I'll try making a CDRom first. Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) This is what happens when you decide that the Grade 1 reading skills were an unnecessary step in life... When I was developing the robot earlier in the week, I built one of the flags. Now, I knew it used the large Mindstorms wheel rim at one (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto, the Road Ahead/VM Questions

I've decided to go against every fiber of my being and not wait until the last minute before starting on the Vending Machines game. In tossing around some ideas I've come up with a few questions: In no particular order, here they are: 1) If one (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

Thanks for the personal guided tour of chris-land(tm). Sure glad I loaded up on Prozak first..... Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) And I figured as much-building a consistent arm is as tough of a challenge as a bridge crosser. Some deflected a lot, like Bruce and Chris' (well mostly Chris') while others worked out good ways of resolving it: Doug Carlson used a double (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) I know, it's relatively easy, isn't it? :) (...) Actually, if I could borrow the DV tape at some point, I can just cap it directly in. I could also take Microsoft DV AVI on CDRom too. (...) Yes. There are several limits: Windows 95/98/ME have (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) Rob...Rob...Rob...Somewhat presumptuous don’t you think? (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) I agree! The great thing about this event was that it was simple enough to attract many robot builders, but it was spectacular enough to entertain the croud. I especially liked the surprising outcomes like when Bruces robot reached the flag (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I had fun!

(...) But YOU are the Hardware genius... (...) Looks amazing! The construction looks nice and solid. I bet it had very little side to side deflection. I never thought about actuating a baby gate with a linear drive. (...) Hmmmm. It certainly would (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) Matt, I'm going to let you in on a little secret that I had only shared with Calum. so anyone else reading this should stop right now. Matt, lets take a walk in Chris land. Don't worry, its a mostly harmless place. post project X. we came up (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) Many thanks to all who participated, spectated, or organized. It was a fun event to participate in. What really surprised me was that we had designs from each of the three major categories and each category finished in the top three - I really (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

(...) WHAT!!!!!????!!! -- Chris (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RC Car Video

Hey Jeff: I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to (carefully) drive my camcorder through the crowd, and around the foyer for that great over-the-dash POV footage from the Supercar. I appreciate you taking the time and effort. Oh, and by (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

Sorry, I got sidetracked on a "rant against Chris" theme. What I was actually going to do, aside from praising the winners and thanking the organizers was to respend to the request for photos. I didn't take any photos, but would you want me to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Robopark

(URL) per our discussions at the bar post-rtl11) Iain (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I had fun!

I had so much fun yesterday. Throwing something together with Calum is what I like the most - I think we've done that for like 3 or 4 competitions now where at the last minute he'll come up with some core mechanical hardware and I'll code it on-site (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Mitchell Resnick paper

I was over at the Bahen Centre tonight (the new home for the Interactive Media Lab) and was looking at some old magazines we were throwing out. Anyways, I found an old copy of the Communications of the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003

As noted in today's event, we've got a full schedule ahead for rtlToronto in the coming year. Here's up for discussion, debate etc. Start following up to this message. Robotics: ---...--- November 2002 or January 2003 rtlToronto12: "Vending (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto11: Wrap up and Photo request

Hi folks, You know, I had honestly no idea we'd have twelve robots today, and that's amazing. This group continues to astound me. Thanks to all who brought a robot, tried to build a robot, or just plain showed up to watch and participate. As always, (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto11 this Saturday

(...) that (...) it (...) Whaaaaat? Well, that's news to me! Better start building right now if I want those transparent-pink turntables and fluorescent-rave-yellow pneumatic cylinders - still have 7~8 hours! (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto11 this Saturday

Hi folks, rtlToronto11: A Brick Too Far the Eleventh Toronto Lego Robotics Event Saturday, August 17th, 2002 Toronto Public Library, Lillian H Smith Branch 239 College Street (E of Spadina) Join us Saturday for the 11th Lego Robotics Event here in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events)

  Re: rtl11/rtl12

(...) this has been discussed and i feel that if you want to load your vending machine with five dollar bills and only charge fifty cents for them... then be my guest. keep in mind all money goes to charity, and what you win is a lego set (to be (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11/rtl12

(...) Are either of them making the trip with a pregnant wife? I didn't think so. And I'll bet your wife would not be too interested in making the trip down here. Maybe my wife doesn't want to go, because we drove 3 hours (each way) last week for a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl11/rtl12

(...) isn't (...) Steve I just don't know where to begin....... 10 hours should NOT be an obstacle. I don't need to remind you that Mario Ferrari will be at this event, and he travelled all the way from Italy.* Ralph Hempel will be at the event and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  REBUILD YOUR ROBOT!!!

ok, I WAS just planning on showing up with my simple quickie robot!!! but things have changed. in the "before time": if you entered and won this R11 bridge building game then you could have been the proud owner of a real prize. 7194 Ultimate (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl11/rtl12

Well, I really wish I could be there for rtl11. Last night I mentioned to my wife there was a 'LEGO thing' in toronto this weekend. Before I could say anything else, she said, "We're not going." Maybe a ten hour trip isn't good for an expecting (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Altenburg Land Sale -- After the Bridges

(...) Chris...what a great idea...how would you like a partner...I could manage the hotel...I don't have any time, but, that sounds like an asset! Would you mind if I threw the odd penny on the train track? Bruce (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Altenburg Land Sale -- After the Bridges

(...) OK. I've done the research and I can see the possibility for the future growth of LOT A105 I'd like to make a valid offer. I would also presume that the sale will not be affected by my decision to start off by developing the site with sleazy (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Altenburg Land Sale -- After the Bridges

So... since Calum is taking a sabbatical from rtl - Train organiziation, I'm going to step up to the plate, and see if I can get something going. I'm thinking about doing rtlToronto/Train4 in early October or late November. I'm thinking we'll use (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  After the Bridges...

So yeah, guess what opens on Friday? That's right... the CNE! Oh and look at that - We'll all be in Toronto on Saturday. Fancy that! After the contest and dinner or whatever, who's up for going down to the Ex for the evening? There's a new ride (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  My Lugnet Page: A study in transition....

Newsgroups: Lugnet.Publish (related to publishing) and Lugnet.Org.Ca.RTLTORONTO (just for "interest sake") ;) I wanted to post this to Publish.FTX, but it was forbidden. So I posted it here. Here is my latest version of my Lugnet Lego Page: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Large lot of Train and Technic items available

(...) Hi Michael, Please refrain from posting forsale items in the rtlToronto NG-there are marketplace areas which most of our group reads as well. If you'd like to bring some of your wares to our dinners etc, you are certainly welcome to. thanks, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact