 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5183
Re: I had fun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:31:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
I had so much fun yesterday.  Throwing something together with Calum is what
I like the most - I think we've done that for like 3 or 4 competitions now
where at the last minute he'll come up with some core mechanical hardware
and I'll code it on-site and we'll see if the darn thing works.

But YOU are the Hardware genius...

For what it's worth, here's what I had built before leaving for DC...

Looks amazing!  The construction looks nice and solid. I bet it had very
little side to side deflection. I never thought about actuating a baby gate
with a linear drive.

I dunno if it would have been in the spirit of the challenge though, just
whacking and grabing it from the home square.

Hmmmm. It certainly would have discouraged the rest of us :) Its hard to
know whats in the spirit of the challenge and what isn't. I tend to think
that the whole point of the game was to get your RCX's fat butt across the
gap somehow. I thought the 'reaching arms' were a bit cheap. Then again,
they didn't win, did they?

Rob