 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5176
5175  |  5177
Subject:
I had fun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 15:25:20 GMT

I had so much fun yesterday.  Throwing something together with Calum is what
I like the most - I think we've done that for like 3 or 4 competitions now
where at the last minute he'll come up with some core mechanical hardware
and I'll code it on-site and we'll see if the darn thing works.

For what it's worth, here's what I had built before leaving for DC...

http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/AUT_2712.JPG
http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/AUT_2717.JPG
http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/AUT_2718.JPG
http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/AUT_2719.JPG
http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/AUT_2720.JPG
http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/AUT_2721.JPG

It's full extension was 1.4 metres and the idea was that all the rollers on
the bottom allow the thing to just glide right over the gap.  I tested it
with two of my [many] IKEA LACK side tables and it worked!

I dunno if it would have been in the spirit of the challenge though, just
whacking and grabing it from the home square.

    Iain

PS - my body was crushed to a pulp last night and served back to me, thanks
to a little device called an AFTERBURNER by the insane, twisted minds at
KMG.