 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5196
5195  |  5197
Subject:
Thanks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:44:41 GMT

A quick note just to thank you all for the great time I had at
rtlToronto11.

I knew some of you from having been in touch by email or from having
visited your websites (Calum, Chris, Rob, Iain), and meeting you in person
has been a real pleasure. The same pleasure I had in meeting those of you I
had not been in touch with, in meeting Ralph in person for the second time
and John Barnes for the first one (after so many emails!). Not to mention
the nice surprise of finding Doug there, whose creations are even more
amazing to see in action than his web site shows.
To Steve H: I agree that a ten hour trip isn't good for an expecting
mother. See you at Brickfest next year? :-)

I must say I've been really impressed with the level of the robots
attending the contest: lots of brilliant ideas, original solutions and
technical skills. I'm sorry I couldn't stay up to the end of the day, and
maybe have dinner together.

A special thank to Chris and Calum who made my participation possible,
setting the date to just the single Saturday I had to spend in Toronto.
Thanks Chris also for having put pressure onto everybody for coming with a
robot :-)

Hope to see you soon again. Maybe at the Brickfest next year, or maybe in
Europe if any of you have the opportunity to cross the ocean...

Ciao
Mario