 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5169
Re: rtl11/rtl12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:02:23 GMT

Steve  I just don't know where to begin.......   10 hours should NOT be
an obstacle.  I don't need to remind you that Mario Ferrari will be at
this event, and he travelled all the way from Italy.*

Ralph Hempel will be at the event and he has to come from as far away as

Are either of them making the trip with a pregnant wife?  I didn't think so.  And I'll bet your wife would not be too interested in making the trip down here.

Maybe my wife doesn't want to go, because we drove 3 hours (each way) last week for a LEGO event, and we (I) have plans for another event next week.

Women.  Gotta love 'em.

Well, as much as I'd like to meet Mario and Ralph, also hang out with Calum T, Jeff VW, and Doug C (that I met at Brickfest), or talk with other friends I haven't yet met, I think I'll have to wait.

so.  this is LEGO.

That's what's killin' me!

my own pregnant wife*** will be in attendance and
she does not like lego.

I'm sorry to hear that.  (I mean I'm sorry she isn't an AFoL, not that she's pregnant, she'll be there, or that she's your wife...)

I can see no valid reason why you can not be here.     (grin)

Only that I enjoy being married...  :)

don't you...

sadly no.   We do our best to try to have events every 4 months.  that

oh.  (I just had to use that!)

should put us SMACK in the middle of  December.   I'm going to roll the
dice and predict that December will not be a good time for an event.  so

it will either be earlier (november) OR it will be later Jan.   this
will be left to the group for input then will be decided upon. the last

If anyone wanted to hear my opinion, I'd suggest Janurary.  Mainly because some people (like me) may have FLL commitments.

I am pretty sure  that the next r12 game will be "VENDING MACHINES"
where you have to build a robot that "dispenses" something-- ANYTHING.
The game will be more creative then battle and will be judged on by the
audience based on who collects the most $$ at the end of the game (all
money goes to a real charity)

For the record, I love to pick out flaws with the rules.  Also, this may, or may not have been discussed in depth... but couldn't you put something of greater value in the machine to encourage people to put in more money (per 'turn')?

Well, I'll wait for the offical game.

Another item that some people may of interest...  There is a LEGO group in Ann Arbor, Michigan (www.24tooth.com) that is having a 'Maze solving' event in September.  I WILL be making the trip for that, and it's about half way to Toronto.  So I'm sure you guys could come down for that...

Steve

*** Kate has said she feels weird when people automatically think it is
ok to rub her belly.

Heather has said the same thing.  Why do people do that?