 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5168
Re: rtl11/rtl12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:42:38 GMT

Before I could
say anything else, she said, "We're not going."  Maybe a ten hour trip • isn't
good for an expecting mother.

Steve  I just don't know where to begin.......   10 hours should NOT be
an obstacle.  I don't need to remind you that Mario Ferrari will be at
this event, and he travelled all the way from Italy.*

Ralph Hempel will be at the event and he has to come from as far away as

3 hours AND deal with the strange traffic light system in the city in
which he lives.**

Other people will be here.  and the whole expecting mother thing..... ya

so.  this is LEGO.  my own pregnant wife*** will be in attendance and
she does not like lego.

I can see no valid reason why you can not be here.     (grin)

:)

Is rtl12 already scheduled?  I just need to clear a spot on my • calendar, and
make sure my wife OKs it early...

sadly no.   We do our best to try to have events every 4 months.  that
should put us SMACK in the middle of  December.   I'm going to roll the
dice and predict that December will not be a good time for an event.  so

it will either be earlier (november) OR it will be later Jan.   this
will be left to the group for input then will be decided upon. the last
factor as to when we have an event is that the library only allows us to

book 3 months in advance.  BUT rest assured that we ALWAYS post here as
to when that will be.

Have fun at rtl11,

thanks.  and for the r12 game you might want to start to think about
your project.

I am pretty sure  that the next r12 game will be "VENDING MACHINES"
where you have to build a robot that "dispenses" something-- ANYTHING.
The game will be more creative then battle and will be judged on by the
audience based on who collects the most $$ at the end of the game (all
money goes to a real charity)

Calum suggested we do it in a public place like the "Toronto Sick Kids
Hospital" to be sure we get lots of traffic and $$ BUT I just don't know

if i want to deal with "real" administrator types and the pressure of a
"real" public place like a hospital common room.   LMKWYT

Chris

*r11 is not the FULL reason Mario came to Canada.

**  just poking fun at a small(ish) town with a section road that has a
poor phased traffic light system.

*** Kate has said she feels weird when people automatically think it is
ok to rub her belly.

--
Chris