 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5162
5161  |  5163
Subject:
After the Bridges...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:26:57 GMT

So yeah, guess what opens on Friday?  That's right... the CNE!

Oh and look at that - We'll all be in Toronto on Saturday.  Fancy that!

After the contest and dinner or whatever, who's up for going down to the Ex
for the evening?  There's a new ride there this year, a KMG Afterburner!

http://home.planet.nl/~souil002/ab.htm

And if at a first glance you might say "But Iain! Does that not look a
little bit like the Mondial "Revolution" that you are so infactuated with?"
- you would not be mistaken in noting a similarity.  Both are swing and
rotate typ rides.

The KMG ride is however much smaller and the seating is different.  The
Mondial Revolution, "Psyclone", has a height of 36 metres and this is just
20, and the Revolution seats 40 facing out, this is 24 facing in.  I've not
riden the Afterburner and I'm quite worried I might like it a lot. :)

There are of course other rides, North America's only Soriani + Moser "Top
Star Tour", Moser's "Drop of Fear", the largest portable freefal tower in
the world at 55 metres, Crazy Flip, a fully computerized dual-arm ride where
the gondola is suspended from arms that turn in oposite directions, and even
Doppel Looping is back this year.

It's cheaper than doing the Wonderland thing (coz it's $50.84 for one day
there, and it's like $9 or whatever to get into the CNE and you can either
buy tickets for the rides, just watch, or get a wristband for
Pay-One-Price).  I guess a big issue would be if people have their equipment
on them.  You would need to find somewhere for it to go.  Hmm...

C'mon! Let's all go to the Ex!

    Iain