 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5220
Re: It took me all day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:56:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ivan Louch writes:
So I fixed and/or modified--now those pesky jaws shan't fall off again!

We'll teach those jaws!!

http://sparky.i989.net/legocam.htm

Dave, it's me logged in to your bot.
Did I brake a gear or something?

Can't believe how much fun this is!!'

Ivan

Thanks for looking Ivan--I was home for a bit whilst you were logged
in--that was me writing all those notes :)

THe problem with the grabber arm is there's not alotta room, and using the
16 teeth 45 degree gears, is that they sit right on the ends of an axle, and
they eventually work themselves off the ends of the axles--then no more arm.

I may modify that to use 8 tooth and the old 24 tooth crown gears, or make
my first MOC use of those new gear sets--but I want to keep it small.  We
shall see what I come up with this weekend--this is a huge learning curve,
and it's out there for all of you to see :) -- combining my passions of
LEGO, HTML, graphics, and the internet :)

Anyway, I'm in 'improve the 'bot' mode now--so off to work on it!

Thanks for looking and trying.

Dave K