 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5227
Re: It took me all day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:30:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes:

<snip>

Can you post (or refresh memory of) some pics of the bot itself?

I just finished uploading pics of the 'bot that's going to replace the 'bot
at home.

The two 'bots are basically the same--the difference is in the gripping
mechanism--this new one should be able to stack blocks easier.

Anyway, have a boo at the bottom of this page to see pics of the new and
improved RoboCam'Bot.

http://sparky.i989.net/lecocam.htm

I took the Exploration Mars 'bot base and added the gripping arm, the camera
mount and the vertical RCX (so the IR communication works wherever the 'bot
is...)

These pics are also taken after the C.T.D. (Ceramic Tile Disaster)  Since my
digital camera seems to still work for the most bit, I won't bother getting
a new one.

btw, hi to Jeff, the beach volleyball guy, and to John, who I didn't get
into contact with this weekend, though I really wanted to.  My time in
Toronto these days seems to be torn b/w being with the better looking half
and rtl stuff--thogh neither of which is a bad thing...

Dave K