 Off-Topic / Debate / 21581
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 03:28:31 GMT

   Look, I don’t claim to understand everything that is going on in Saudi Arabia. Do they sponsor terrorism? Maybe, but then why is OBL persona non grata in the Kingdom? Perhaps the right sheik doesn’t know what the left sheik is sponsoring. I don’t know, but I think our intelligence services are actively trying to find out.

As usual, John -- not too much information, have you? We wouldn’t want to sully your political perspective with anything like facts or meaningful conjecture...

Something like $80 - $100 million were spent on the Clinton Whitewater and “Oval Office Oral” investigations. End result: a partially stalled presidency and otherwise zilch. All we really discovered is that men often cheat on their wives (probably at least as often as their wives cheat on them, mind you) and that they are then willing to lie about having cheated on them in order to keep appearances up. Yeah -- that’s front page news, alright!

The current investigation into the causes of 9/11 has recieved a mere $3 million, and been promised another $11 million, but it has yet to be delivered. Current results: nada! nichts! rien! niente! nothing! And what -- surely $3 million is enough?! It’s not too important or anything...

Why does 9/11 inquiry scare Bush?

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/Stories/0,1413,101~6267~1506312,00.html
http://www.berkshireeagle.com/cda/article/print/0,1674,101%257E6267%257E1506312,00.html

The American people deserve a thorough investigation. They want to know why the fighter jets weren’t scrambled after the first plane hit the tower, what the Clinton and Bush administrations knew about threats from al-Qaida and what they were doing about them, what citizens of our allies Saudi Arabia and Pakistan financed Osama bin Laden and his hijackers, how the FBI and CIA missed obvious clues and let suspects they were following slip away, why airline security was so lax, what is the meaning of a suspicious pattern of stock transactions that occurred before the attacks, whether law enforcement efforts were subordinated to diplomatic priorities and the needs and desires of American oil companies.

It’s starting to feel a lot like the JFK assassination. For reasons of national security it will be a cajillion years before we learn anything from inside “the castle.”

You don’t know, and you don’t really want to know. And your “president” and your congress are perfectly willing to join with you in your blissful ignorance.

-- Hop-Frog