 Off-Topic / Debate / 21546
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 03:29:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   We know he has/had WOMD (we gave most of them to him, idiot politicains from before, but that is a whole seperate issue.)

I’m not clear why this is unrelated -- it seems very related to me, and also an obvious example of the U.S.’ very poor foreign policy as a whole. The other issue is shelf-life: it is my understanding that most of this stuff has lost its usefulness and that this is a fact well understood by all. So again, the “imminent” threat just evaporates before our eyes.

BTW, do you care to name those other idiot politicians?

All of them. I hope in my lifetime all the politicians are gone and we reinstate the use of representatives.

   Does it surprise me that the Bush team fabricated half the story, no. Every politican throughout history has done the same thing to garner public support. Today in the world of mass media they can’t really get away with stuff like that anymore.

I’m not prepared to let anyone off so easily -- not on a matter of great national and international importance.

Yeah but when over half the population believes the story and now “feels safe” you might as well bide your time.

   If we can roast a president over the coals for a private sexual affair, I think we can then roast a president for causing a war under at least several false pretenses.

Whether he gets away with it remains to be seen. How did McCarthy pay for his crimes against the state?

   But why does idiot politicians doing what politicians do, make people think there was not even the slightest threat at all?

The distinguishing word here is “imminent.” Absent an “imminent” threat a peace option was preferred by everyone except those that profit from war.

Ok the isolationist theory. Fair enough. I think it would be nice if the U.S. at least followed a consistant foriegn policy. If we started liberating countries under the rule of dictatorships that would be nice. If we delcared world neutrality, stopped giving handouts, stopped telling people what to do ‘cause were the U.S., and simply nuked any country that threatens us that would be fine too. As long as the policy is consistant, of course that would mean giving up stealing other countries’ oil.

-Mike Petrucelli