 Off-Topic / Debate / 21524
Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:05:06 GMT

   Adultery is legal in Arkansas (I think it SHOULD be, but that’s not the question... as I’ve said before, either speak out against a law, or obey it. You don’t get to say “my wife and I have a special deal”)???

Or become a scofflaw and ignore it. Or rationalize rewriting the law for yourself (sometimes known as pushing the limit to see if it really is a limit): all posted speed limits are really five MPH faster than listed, or heck, this road is a straight shot with plenty of visiblity and good conditions, make that 10. Why not 15? Well, because at 5 over the limit, it’s extremely unlikely that a cop will pull you over even if he has painted you from bumper to bumper with radar. At 10 over, you can take your foot off the gas and quickly get down to the five over safety zone (and there is usually someone doing 15 over that attracts more attention). At 15 over you gotta brake (and the cop pounces as soon as he sees your brake lights come on) or do a really smooth downshift equalizing your revs so that you don’t get nose dive (cop pounces).

Dubya thought he’d do 15 MPH over the limit. Watch for the brake lights to come on. :-)

-->Bruce<--